- Rowan, M., Neymotin, S. and Lytton, W. Electrostimulation to reduce synaptic scaling driven progression of Alzheimer's disease. Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, (8)39, April 2014 (www).
- Rowan, M. Information-selectivity of Alzheimer's disease progression. Ph.D. thesis. University of Birmingham, 2013 (pdf; web repository; brief summary).
- Rowan, M. and Neymotin, S. Synaptic scaling balances learning in a spiking model of neocortex. In M. Tomassini et al., eds, 11th Int. Conf.
Adaptive and Natural Comp. Algorithms (ICANNGA), LNCS vol. 7824, pp. 20-29,
Lausanne, 2013. Springer (pdf).
- Rowan, M. Information-Selectivity of Beta-Amyloid Pathology in an Associative Memory Model. Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, 6(2), January 2012 (www; pdf).
- Rowan, M. Effects of Compensation, Connectivity and Tau in a Computational Model of Alzheimer's Disease. In Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), pages 543–550. IEEE, 2011 (pdf).
- N. Couronneau, D. Nicholson, J.M. Barr, M.S. Rowan. Assigning Weapons to Threats. Worldwide patent WO/2010/112907, 2010 (pdf; www).
- Rowan, M. Genetic algorithm techniques and representations for sports betting. Masters Thesis, September 2007 (pdf).
- Rowan, M. Probabilistic analysis of pulsed signals in radio telescope data using particle filters. B.Sc. Thesis, April 2006 (pdf).
- All articles also available via Google Scholar.
- Older projects completed during my Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. years at University.