Progress reports from my PhD
- RSMG 1 research abstract, Oct 2009.
- RSMG 2 progress report, April 2010.
- RSMG 3 thesis proposal, August 2010.
- RSMG 4 progress report, March 2011.
- RSMG 5 progress report, January 2012.
- RSMG 6 progress report, September 2012.
Things I'm still quite proud of...
These were all completed during my time as an undergraduate at University, and may be useful or interesting to someone.
Smaller pieces of undergraduate / MSc university work
- Training a neural network
Selecting the right parameters, learning rate mechanism, and other features of the network for a given data set.
- Research skills
How to search online indexes to theses and papers, rather than simply relying on Google.
- Intelligent data analysis techniques
Using Principal Component Analysis, Self-Organising Maps, and vector
plotting to analyse a data set. With Richard Tyson, John Pappin, and
- The future of mobile technology -- and the rise of GPS
An essay pondering the future of pervasive mobile technology and the role of GPS in our society.
- Designed in two minutes?
Group Human-Computer Interaction blog critiquing usability in the world around us. With Paul Dann, Francis Noumbi, Natalie Cryan, and Lucy.
- Visual impairment assistant
Group Human-Computer Interaction project to design a digital assistance device for blind and partially-sighted users. With Dan Trimm and Jonathan Smith.
- Natural language processing system for a robot in a hazardous environment
- Finding optimal learning rate and momentum values for neural network training